Training + resources
The KU Center for Technology Commercialization and partners across campus and beyond provide training and resources to help researchers learn the essentials of commercializing inventions, developing strategic partnerships, competing for grant funding, and starting companies based on their technologies.
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, or CITI, provides all KU researchers and associates with access to an expertly updated human subjects research tutorial, and KU's Human Research Protection Program hosts a monthly Final Friday Ethics Series focused on ethical issues related to human subjects research
The Office of Research offers research administration training and resources, including a certificate program and foreign influence on research integrity resources.
The Office of Research offers researchers opportunities to build collaborations, improve grant writing skills, and optimize their chances of securing grants. We offer workshops for the NSF CAREER and MIRA programs and access to the PIVOT database.
The KU Research Integrity team provides training and resources to help researchers engage ethically and responsibly in their work.
KU's environment, health and safety department assists faculty, staff and students with implementing safe practices, monitors campus activities and manages the following programs:
- Air quality (outdoor + indoor)
- Asbestos compliance and removal
- Environmental compliance, protection and impact assessments
- Hazardous materials: use, transportation, disposal, recycling + waste minimization
- Laboratory safety: general, biological + chemical
- Lead-based paint compliance + removal
- Occupational safety + health assistance
- Pollution prevention
- Radiation + laser safety: materials procurement, use + disposal
- Water quality, storm water + wastewater discharge