KU Postdoc Association
The mission of the KU Postdoc Association is to provide support for postdoctoral scholars on the University of Kansas Lawrence campus in aspects of their professional research training, career development and overall well-being. To fulfill this mission, KUPA will:
- Promote an interdisciplinary collaborative community of postdoctoral researchers at KU and foster productivity, novel ideas and promote a scholastic environment centered in self, professional and institutional development by providing network events, professional development workshops, and sharing of research being completed within the institution through regular discussions, meetings, talks, seminars and symposia.
- Foster an environment of inclusion and equal representation for KU’s diverse postdoc research community by working collaboratively with departmental and college-wide diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging organizations and committees.
- Act as a bridge between KU postdoctoral researchers within different departments to help share ideas and knowledge and promote an environment of inclusion.
- Create awareness and collect information and resources to support new postdoctoral researchers' transition from international, out-of-state and regional institutions to KU's Lawrence campus.
Contact the KU Postdoc Association if you have any questions or are interested in getting involved.
KU Postdoc Association Travel Awards
The KU Postdoc Association is accepting applications for research travel awards. These funds provide $500 to help cover the cost of travel to conferences, workshops or other professional development opportunities for any postdoctoral researcher on KU's Lawrence campus. Funds can be used for transportation, accommodations and registration. The number of available awards this year is limited, but the KUPA hopes to make more funds available in future based on the needs of KU's postdoc community.
- You must be employed as a KU postdoctoral researcher on the KU Lawrence campus at the time of application and award dispersal.
- Only one award per person per academic year.
- Travel must be to a conference, workshop or other professional development opportunity.
- Applications can only be submitted for travel that will occur in the future.
- Applications will be funded until funds are exhausted.
- Awards will be competitive and allocated to applicants from a wide range of research backgrounds.
- Initial application review will begin Oct. 15, 2022.
- Spending of funds and any related travel must occur before June 30, 2023.
- KU Postdoc Association Travel Awards will follow the university's travel policy and procedures.
Join the National Postdoc Association
Benefits of NPA membership
There are nearly 100 postdocs on KU’s Lawrence campus contributing in significant ways to research, scholarship, creative activity and innovation. We value the diverse ideas, expertise and perspectives you bring to the KU research community.
In 2022, the Office of Research became an organizational member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA), which entitles KU postdocs to become affiliate members of the NPA for free. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
Signing up is simple. Just visit the NPA website, select the “Affiliate Individual Member, Postdoc” option, and follow the registration process. Once you click “Submit,” NPA staff will review your affiliate membership, and you will receive an email when it has been approved.
As an NPA affiliate member, you are entitled to these benefits:
- Connect with fellow postdocs across the country through the NPA network.
- Learn from subject-matter experts how to navigate pressing issues, from career exploration to improving health and well-being.
- Empower your career by volunteering with the NPA to grow leadership skills and your networks.
- Access NPA resources, including a boutique postdoc career center and tools for postdocs and organizations.
- Participate in research that tracks evolving issues impacting the postdoc community.
- Support the national voice of postdocs and postdoc offices on critical policy issues, such as immigration.
- Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Conference and eligibility for the NPA travel award program.
Postdoc positions at KU
Visit KU's employment website to view open postdoc positions. Enter the term "postdoc" in the search bar on the staff job postings page.Find postdoc positions