Research Development & Grant Writing News
The monthly newsletter, published by Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC, typically addresses the following topics:
- Information on new and continuing solicitations (most commonly federal)
- Articles and links to topics of interest to grant writers
- Analysis of sponsor policies, financials and activities
- Suggestions for successful team and consortium building efforts
Contact Doug Bornemann if you would like to view past issues of Research Development & Grant Writing News. Find below the highlights of the current issue.
May 2022 highlights
- Select List of Humanities, HSS, and Arts Opportunities & News – We list funding opportunities for scholars in the humanities, social sciences and the arts.
- USDA Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2022-2026 – We summarize the recently released 52-page report, which can help researchers map their capacities to USDA’s funding landscape.
- Planning Your CAREER Education Component – PIs often struggle to develop their NSF CAREER education components. We discuss key steps and best practices.
- What Does A Successful ERC Proposal Look Like? – We discuss the characteristics that successful ERC proposals share and what you can learn from them.
- DoEnergy Funding Directions 2023 – We discuss 2023 budget requests for DOE’s Office of Science and funding opportunities.
- How a Good Website Can Help Faculty Win Grants – We discuss why it’s important for faculty researchers to maintain a good website (reprinted from May 2018).