Large-Format Poster Printing + Meeting Space
Large-format poster printing
The Office of Research has a large-format printer available to meet the needs of the KU research community. Posters can be printed on either 36-inch or 42-inch paper. Members of the biomedical research community have priority access to this service, but research-related printing is available to other units as capacity allows.
Poster printing information
Email email@example.com to schedule a printing appointment as soon as you find out that you need a poster printed. Please note the following:
- Capacity is limited, so individuals must schedule a printing time a minimum of 2 business days in advance.
- Notification of fewer than 2 business days will be considered a rush job, and a $50 special services fee will apply.
When scheduling your print time, be aware that posters usually take 20-30 minutes to spool and print. You are, therefore, not required to be present at the beginning of your appointment time. We will email you to inform you when your poster is ready for pickup. You may pick up your poster 8 a.m. – noon or 1 – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Before or by the start of your appointment time, email your poster file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Research accepts poster files in Adobe Acrobat PDF format only; files should be generated so that all graphics remain at high resolution and the document maintains correct dimensions. As a precaution, we request that you also send the original file if it was created in either Microsoft PowerPoint or Publisher.
You are not required to be present at the beginning of your appointment time since posters usually take 20-30 minutes to spool and print. We will email you to inform you when your poster is ready for pick-up. You may pick up your poster 8 a.m. – noon or 1 – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the email body, please include the following information:
- Poster size (NOTE: one dimension must be either 36 inches or 42 inches)
- Paper stock: matte (36-inch only) or glossy (36-inch or 42-inch)
- Requested due date
- Account/grant # to be charged
- Phone number (indicate the best way to contact you about last-minute difficulties)
- Research director (PI or other individual who will approve the charge)
- Name of the event where the poster will be presented
- Do you want additional copies printed?
- Will you need a cardboard poster mailing tube?
We require all poster files be submitted via email to email@example.com. If you believe your file is too large to email, please contact us ahead of your appointment time.
KU can provide the following resources:
- KU Brand Center templates for 36" x 48" posters
- Template for 42" x 56" poster
- KU font files
- Explanation of KU graphics conventions
If files are submitted at least 24 hours before your printing appointment, an 11" x 17" proof may be viewed before the final printing. Posters submitted less than 24 hours in advance may not be eligible for the proofing process.
Poster files submitted for proof printing should be completely finalized. These proofs are NOT for proof-reading content; they are your opportunity to confirm that the print quality is acceptable and that there are no problems with layout, image or font changes that may have occurred as a result of converting to PDF.
|Paper stock||36-inch posters||42-inch posters|
The Office of Research manages various facilities that have meeting space available by reservation.
Please contact the facility managers noted below to learn more and reserve space for your next meeting, symposium, conference or other event.
2030 Becker Drive
Includes space for research in chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biology, molecular biosciences, geology, and other natural sciences and engineering fields