Erik A. Lundquist
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
2385 Irving Hill Rd
Lawrence, KS 66045
Erik Lundquist is a professor in the Department of Molecular Biosciences and one of three associate vice chancellors for research. In his administrative role, he provides support to two of KU’s designated research centers and all of its core labs. He also serves as Institutional Official for animal care and use in research.
- Oversees budget and operations for:
- Animal Care Unit (ACU) and other Office of Research-managed core laboratories
- Center for Research Computing, a community cluster for high-performance computing
- Higuchi Biosciences Center (HBC)
- Oversees research space allocation and management in Office of Research-managed facilities (Structural Biology Center, Multidisciplinary Research Building, Life Science Research Laboratory, Wakarusa Research Facility, St. Andrews Research Facility, and Nichols Hall). Also manages space in the Integrated Science Building in collaboration with the College and the Provost’s Office.
- Serves as Institutional Official for the Animal Care and Use Program (IACUC).
- Organizes limited submission reviews for natural sciences/biomedical programs, including NSF MRIs and NIH COBREs.
- Reviews affiliate status requests for the natural sciences.