In concert with the entire Lawrence and Edwards campuses, the KU Office of Research will be closed over the winter break as outlined below. In order to be proactive in meeting the research community's needs, we have established deadlines that will help ensure we are providing necessary services while allowing staff to use the winter break leave they have earned.
All proposal documents with deadlines between Dec. 24 and Jan. 3 must be to Pre-Award by Monday, Dec. 21 to provide sufficient time for proposals to be submitted by Dec. 23. Please contact your grant manager as soon as possible for other general questions regarding December business.
Winter break hours
Closed: Thursday, Dec. 24
Reopening: Monday, Jan. 4
We appreciate your assistance and wish you a restful, re-energizing break!
Additional deadlines & considerations
- For sponsored agreements needing review/negotiation, please work with the contract officer reviewing your agreement or contact Lucille Marino, firstname.lastname@example.org, for general questions.
- By Nov. 30: Submit close letters and budget adjustments (for billing/final invoices and/or financial reports due in December) and non-payroll cost transfers to allow time for approval and processing by December month-end close. This is in accord with the standard project close window so that reporting and billing can be completed by Dec. 23.
- By Dec. 6: Submit provisional requests to allow time for processing by Dec. 23. Please allow 1-2 business days after project number creation for activation in general ledger.
- By Dec. 22: Submit funding setup requests (combo codes) by 10 a.m.
- KURES FITC AP invoice, P-card and travel payments: All invoices and travel expense reports must be approved and submitted by the department/SSC to KURES central audit staff by noon on Dec. 17 for payment processing by Dec. 23. Any invoice or expense report not approved by department/SSC will be processed after Jan. 4.
- All KURES deposits: Department deposits, RSINT DARBI and legacy deposits must be submitted to KUCR Financial Services between 1 – 3 p.m. Dec. 22. Please secure all deposits received Dec. 23 – 31 and deliver to Youngberg Hall between 1 – 3 p.m. Jan. 5, and the deposits will be processed in FITC and sent for bank recording.
- KURES contracts (Business Services Agreements, Fee for Service, Hotel/Event) requested by Friday, Dec. 11.
- Purchase requisitions requiring KURES approval submitted by the department/SSC to KURES by noon Dec. 17.
- KURES journal requests submitted by noon Dec. 17.
- KURES p-card issues: Contact Kevin Teel, email@example.com.
- KURES emergency payments for immediate use: Contact Karen Schaller, firstname.lastname@example.org.