Steven F. Warren Research Achievement Award
DEADLINE: October 23, 2019
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Steven F. Warren KU Research Achievement Award Nominations are solicited for the Steven F. Warren KU Research Achievement Award (formerly the KU Research Achievement Award). The award, established in 2006, honors an outstanding unclassified academic staff researcher from KU’s Lawrence Campus.
The 2019 award recipient will be receive a plaque and $10,000 in research funds at a ceremony.
Criteria for Selection
Only individuals who are appointed as full-time unclassified academic staff researchers working within a KU Lawrence Campus academic department or research center are eligible for the award. Please note: Only persons for whom the Promotion Procedures for the Office of Research are applicable are eligible.
The individual’s research should be characterized as having significant influence in his or her field and/or as representing a productive record of important research that has expanded intellectual or societal insights.
A substantial portion of the work for which the award is given must have been done at KU.
Nominations must include a one-page letter of recommendation that addresses:
- the significant contribution(s) to her/his field
- why or how they are significant
- what impact the contributions have made (i.e.--to the field/department/university/other)
- a very brief explanation of the discipline’s expectations for the particular area/field—(the form(s) in which the research is communicated and of these forms which is the most prestigious or recognized by colleagues)
- a curriculum vita or resumé for the nominee
- a list of names and complete contact information for at least 2 references familiar with the nominee’s work and its significance.
Please note: Your letter of support should be written in a manner that is understandable to reviewers who may not be experts in the specific field of research of the nominee.
Deadline for Submissions - October 23, 2019
Submit nominations electronically as a single ".pdf" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once nominated, an individual remains eligible to receive the award for three years; however, an updated c.v. should be submitted.
Past Winners of the Steven F. Warren Research Achievement Award
|2018||Justing Douglas||NMR Lab Director|
|2016||Susan Palmer||Bureau of Child Research|
|2014||Jean Hall||Center for Research on Learning|
|2013||Craig Freeman||Kansas Biological Survey|
|2013||Todd Williams||Director, Mass Spectrometry|
|2011||Daryl Mellard||Center for Research on Learning|
|2010||Don Huggins||Kansas Biological Survey|
|2009||Debra Kamps||Director, Kansas Center for Autism Research & Training|
|2007||Richard Miller||Kansas Geological Survey|
|2006||David Vandervelde||NMR Director (formerly at KU)|