KU Research Staff Annual Achievement Award
KU Research Postdoctoral Annual Achievement Award
Our Mission: “TO FACILITATE INNOVATION, CREATIVE ACTIVITY, DISCOVERY, AND THE APPLICATION AND DISSEMINATION OF KNOWLEDGE”
2019 Deadlines: January 15, 2019
Introduction and Program Goals:
- KU Research Staff Annual Achievement Award
- KU Research Postdoctoral Annual Achievement Award
- For both awards, qualifying individuals should have a full-time appointment (≥75% of FTE) in a KU Lawrence Campus academic unit or research center.
- For the KU Research Staff Annual Achievement Award, individuals should hold any of the Unclassified Professional Staff titles in the Research Job Family with the exception of Postdoctoral Researcher.
- The KU Research Postdoctoral Annual Achievement Award is limited to Postdoctoral Researchers only.
- The individual’s research should be characterized as having significant influence in their field and/or as representing a productive record of important research that has expanded intellectual or societal insights. A substantial portion of the work for which the award is given must have been done at KU.
- a two-page letter of recommendation from the head of the unit or close collaborator addressing the significance of the challenge/problem/question(s) posed, the magnitude of challenge/problem addressed, the importance of the contributions from the work conducted to date, and a very brief explanation of the discipline’s expectations for the particular area/field, and the form(s) in which the research is communicated and of these forms, which is the most prestigious or recognized by colleagues.
- a curriculum vita or résumé for the nominee
- letters from at least 2 references familiar with the nominee’s work and its significance
Please note: The letters of support should be written in a manner that is understandable to reviewers who may not be experts in the specific field of research of the nominee.
For questions, contact email@example.com.