Human Research Participant Payment Method
University of Kansas Center for Research, Inc. (KUCR) utilizes reloadable debit cards as the preferred method for making payments to research subjects and participants. In May, 2011 KUCR selected Greenphire’s ClinCard process to accomplish the following goals:
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality of personal information of participants
- Increase retention and enhance the satisfaction of research participants
- Reduced administration and enable timely payments controlled by the researcher’s group
- Provide payment method that is safe, secure and easy to use with no cost to participant
- Reduce the payment risks inherent in other methods such as cash, gift cards or check payments
- Support research studies with reporting that will enhance project results
Greenphire is an industry leading provider of clinical payment technology. KUCR and other universities have tapped Greenphire’s clinical trial expertise and expanded the service to a broader range of sponsored research participant activities. University of Kansas Medical Center Research Institute (KUMC-RI) uses Greenphire’s ClinCard system, too. More information about the KUCR ClinCard.
Greenphire’s ClinCard system is a web-based operation with customer service available 24/7/365. Data is held in Greenphire’s system in accordance with information security and technology standards approved by the University of Kansas. University of Kansas and Greenphire have entered into a Business Associate Agreement which identifies the responsibilities of each party regarding the protection of private information, including Protected Health Information (PHI) subject to HIPAA guidelines.
The payment vehicle is a debit card which is accepted in the MasterCard® network. The card is assigned, loaded and approved in the ClinCard web-based system by authorized research group personnel with oversight by the appropriate administrative department. Funds are available in real time once the payment is assigned to the debit card and approved by the appropriate authorized individual.
Learn more by taking a 15 minute introductory web tour of the ClinCard process. Contact Kevin Teel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-7775 for more information.