Effort Coordinator Training
Updates to reflect the ecrt upgrade coming soon
2 CFR 200 (Uniform Guidance) requires that KU have internal controls in place to ensure time expended on sponsored projects is certified.
KU applies Uniform Guidance requirements to all sponsored projects, regardless of the funding source. Therefore, effort must be certified for all individuals who receive salary support from a sponsored project or who expend effort on a sponsored project (even if they do not receive salary support from the sponsor).
KU is implementing ecrt ® to ensure all certification can be completed electronically and that records of effort certification is available.
Full training presentation
Effort Coordinator Training presentation by section
- Effort Reporting Overview (PDF)
- Effort Workflow and Basic Information (PDF)
- Effort Coordinator: Pre-Review (PDF)
- PI/Self-Certifier: Certification Process (PDF)
- Effort Coordinator: Post-Review (PDF)
- Additional Functionality/Reports (PDF)
- Task FAQ (PDF)